Monday, November 24, 2008

Tickets, Damaged Wheels, and Broken Bodies

Yes, it's true! Spencer has officially received his first ever (and he hopes his last ever) ticket. Two weeks ago Spencer and I had our two dogs in the car and were on our way to return a movie. Now I have to tell you that we sat at home saying "Oh we don't have to take it back tonight. Yeah we do, lets just do it and be done with it." To say the least we clearly ended up taking it back that night. On the way to return it, Spencer looked in his rear view mirror and asked me what the speed limit was. I proceed to tell him that it was 35 mph. He then told me to look in my mirror and said "You can't see them but there is a truck behind us and they are so close to us that you can't even see their headlights." Sure enough, I looked in the mirror just in time to see one headlight. Spencer tapped his brake to slow to 32 mph. The truck then flew into the median and begun to pass us. (For those that don't know the truck has now broken two laws...following too closely and making an illegal pass, three if you count speeding.) The truck then came back into the lane but in the process they cut us off right into the front driver's side wheel.  (Now she has broken four laws by cutting us off.) The lady driving the truck pulled over got out and begun yelling at Spencer. He also acted in a way that I have never see him act. Anyone that knows Spencer, knows that he is the most calm and collected person ever (something that I love about him). NO!!! Not this time, he got out yelling just as bad as the other lady. I am glad I was there because I was able to get him back to the car and have him call the cops. I was also able to get the lady of the truck back to her car and do what she felt she needed to do. To sum everything up, the police came and found NOBODY at guilt! He told Spencer that you CAN'T brake in a lane, so the cop could actually ticket both of us! I am SURE that the lady calling the cop bias had nothing to do with his decision. Now I work for the justice system and I kind of understood where he was coming from but at the same time I was extremely frustrated. I mean this lady just about ran us off the road and you are going to tell me that no one is at guilt!
I know that you are probably wondering how Spencer got his ticket since I just told you that nobody was ticketed....well again anyone that knows Spencer, knows that he is pretty organized too and always (and I mean ALWAYS) has what he needs where it should be....Not this time, Spencer couldn't not find his proof of insurance or his registration. Lucky he had the sticker on his car so the cop knew that the car was registered but we still didn't have our proof of insurance, which is unheard of for Spencer! So yes that is what his ticket is for and he has to appear before a judge on Jan. 5th...I must say it is sad that he got a ticket but I have loved teasing him about it as well. He has been taking it well! :)
Spencer also told me that I can never again say that he doesn't show emotion. :) He was teasing me and I wanted to beat him up for the comment but I couldn't help but laugh. Spencer really is someone that has never talked about his feelings, which has since changed and I can only credit the accident for that. He stated that night that he probably would have never acted the way that he did if he wouldn't have had everything that meant anything to him in the car. It is true, Miracle, Faith, and I were in the car. We are lucky that it was not as bad as it could have been. However, Spencer and I will both tell you that the accident was a blessing in disguise. He really had a change happen that night and talks to me and and others in ways I never thought that he could. He tells me his feelings and his emotions, he lets me be a part of his heart and soul, which is something that I have longed for and I love sharing in it with him. He really is my world and I am so blessed to have him! I love him!
Broken Bodies...Lol, this is probably why you are reading this whole thing! No, none of us got hurt in our car accident. However, last Sunday I received a call from my dad informing me that my brother was in the hospital! He proceed to tell me that my CRAZY brother had wrecked his motorcycle but that my dad had actually talked to Cory already and Cory seemed to be OKAY! Spencer and I drove over to the hospital and basically spent all Sunday afternoon there. 
How did it happen you ask...long story short, it wasn't his fault, he hit some gravel and his back tire came loose. He couldn't regain control and slammed into a guardrail sending his bike back into the road and him over the guardrail about sixty feet before he landed.
Broken Bodies


Cory came out with two broken feet, a broken hand, and possibly a torn rotator cuff. He lied about one of the broken feet and made it seem like it was an old break...he didn't want to have both feet in boots, stupid, I know, and he didn't say anything about the shoulder, why, I don't know.  We are just glad that he is okay and that he got to come home with us. I would be devastated had it turned out to be the worst case scenario because Cory is truly my best friend! Praise God that I get to continue hugging him and bothering him like sisters do.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is amazing that it has taken Spencer this long to get a ticket!