Friday, July 16, 2010

Road Trip

SO... As I said in my last post, Spencer left on may 17th for Connecticut. He didn't go alone though. We loaded (while... I loaded his car) as much as we could leaving room for Preston and Brandon in the car as well. Let me tell you, I did one incredible pack job too. I was really proud of myself. I do have to give a little credit to my daddy though because when I was going up, he use to always get on us about packing and making the most of the space we had. Anyway, back to the road trip... The boys left at about 5a.m. on the 17th and decided to make the best of it. They drove all the way to Iowa the first day. Then got up and drove into Chicago for Spencer birthday. The three boys watched the Cubs play and stayed in Chicago for the night. They also got to stop at Notre Dame stadium and got their very own "Rudy" moment. They didn't make it onto the field like Rudy but they did make it into the stadium and were ten rows up from the field. The reason this is so special is because Notre Dame only lets people in the stadium for tours and they didn't do tours on Tuesdays. The boys were just blessed enough to find a gate that was open, so they ran in to take some photos and came back out. The three also went to Pittsburgh and saw the Steelers stadium and to Philadelphia. They watched the Cubs in Philly too and also tried to see the Liberty Bell. There was something going on by the bell (some sort of crime) so they couldn't get close enough to see the bell. The boys got into Connecticut on Thursday May 20th. They stayed in a hotel the first night and then on Friday they headed over to mine and Spencer's new home! Brandon and Preston helped Spencer unpack his car. Preston was actually impressed that I had gotten everything into the car that I had. Brandon and Preston headed home on Saturday and Spencer was left to adjust to his new life by himself.
(Wish I had pictures to put with this but Brandon lost his camera somewhere in Connecticut.)

No comments: