
Halloween for Spencer and I was pretty lame. Spencer had to work Halloween night but he was happy to report that it was a pretty mellow in the ER. I was scheduled to work on Halloween

but had taken it off to go out of town. I didn't end up leaving until the following day, so I decided to stop by my work and give the girls some candy. I work with troubled youth, mainly females. I took my dogs with me and to say the least the girls loved it. They were grateful for the candy and loved playing with the dogs. The one up side to Halloween was that a friend of mine from work and I painted a beautiful pumpkin and the pumpkin is now my one and only decoration for Thanksgiving! :)
The weekend before Halloween I had the great opportunity to go down to Phoenix, Arizona and getting my brother for the second and last

time from school. I wish that I had taken more pictures but here is the picture that I do have. This is the only thing that we did NOT send Cory down to Arizona with but it sure came home with us when we picked him up. One of these days I will hop on a take a ride with him but I will for sure be padded up!
As I said earlier, I was planning on going out of town the weekend of Halloween. I went to Denver with my father to watch Miami against Denver. I have been a fan of Miami for years and not for the obvious reasons. I promise you that it is pure coincidence that I love dolphins and Miami's mascot is the dolphins. I had a blast, as I always do with my father, and I love that it has become tradition for my father and I to attend this game. Miami only plays in Denver about every four years and so it doesn't happen often but when it does it is know as the "Daddy/Daughter Game!" The other thing that I love is that Spencer totally supports it and encourages it. He really understands and is such a sport to not insist I take him instead of my father. Thanks baby and know that I missed you all weekend!!!


GO
Dolphins!!!

Last but never the least, when I woke up to leave for Denver I noticed that something was wrong with Faith. Her face was so swollen and she had the puffiest eyes. I began to


worry because I knew that it could only be one thing...A SPIDER BITE. (She likes to chase them and tries to eat them if she finds them in the house.) I didn't know what kind of spider and I figured that if her face was swelling then it must have been poisonous. I woke Spencer up and insisted that we take her to the vet before I left. The
vet gave her two shots and sent us on our way, telling us to give her children's benadryl for the next three days. By that night she was back to normal. I am so glad that I
noticed before she ended up getting sick or something!
We also found that Miracle needs surgery!!! For those of you that don't know, Miracle limps really bad and has for a couple years. We didn't think much of it at first because it wasn't bad but it has gotten worse

over time. Well, the story goes that when Miracle was not even one she was at my parents house on their bed. She went to jump off the bed and had her leg caught in the blanket. She limped at first but the next day she seemed to be doing much better. I figured that it hurt at the time but that she had gotten over it. Boy was I wrong! We had x-rays done on her leg this year and the vet told us that Miracle had torn a ligament (like tearing your ACL). Miracle also has pretty bad arthritis from the accident. The vet ALSO told us that she has hip dysplasia in the opposite leg. Right now we know that we need to get Miracle surgery that will cost $2,200-$2,300. That will take care of the torn ligament and help with the arthritis. After that heals, we will be able to tell if she needs surgery on the opposite leg for the hip dysplasia.
Well, that's all the major stuff...hope you enjoyed catching up with us and we send our love to all of you!
2 comments:
It sounds like you guys have been busy. I am sorry to hear about Miracle and hope that all goes well there. BTW- I liked the picture of the pumpkin :)
Oh sounds like things are going good for you guys! It's been a long time since we've seen you! I hope you guys will be there for the Big Turkey Bowl this week, then maybe we can catch up!
Post a Comment