While I was out there we drove around some and took in a little bit of the sights. Spencer had school all day on the 4th so I tried to get his air conditioning fixed in his car. I felt really bad that he had been driving around for so long without any cold air in his car. Just the humidity alone on the 4th was killing me. I guess I better get use to it. Later that night there was a BBQ at Spencer's school that family was also invited to. It was so great to have the opportunity to meet and get to know everyone he would be going to school with. I also got to meet Spencer's closest friend from school, Cameron. He is an incredible man with so much personality. I feel so fortunate that Spencer found someone to spend time with before I come out. On the 5th (Saturday) Spencer and I drove down to see the coast and through the surrounding cities in order to learn the area a little bit better. It was so much fun and totally felt natural. I completely felt like I was at home that and it was so right for us to be there. We were pointing out our favorite homes and what areas would be nice to live in...totally something that we do in Utah as well. On Sunday it was time to head home. However, we had to end with a stop at Cheesecake Factory in Hartford. That is our favorite place to eat and we wanted to end with one of our favorite past times.
It was so bitter sweet to leave because I knew that coming home meant we were that much closer to me moving out there so we could finally be a family again but I so didn't want to leave. I wanted it to be time for me to stay already. I missed seeing my husband. This truly has been the hardest thing that I have had to do so far. The pregnancy has been really easy and taking care of everything by myself has been nothing but not having that one amazing person in my life around to share in conversation and treasured moments with has been horrible. I can't wait 'til I am finally there.


No comments:
Post a Comment