
On June 1st I had a routine doctors appointment to make sure the baby and I were doing great. I hadn't had much water so I knew that my levels would be off but I was in for a surprise. My protein levels were through the roof! I had suddenly went from having no protein to having 300+. My doctor ordered a 24 hour urine collection and some blood work to verify that it was not preeclampsia. I was so blessed that he gave me the approval to still fly out to Connecticut that weekend. He could have totally said "No, I don't want you going" but he didn't. I got the call while at the BBQ and found out that the blood work came back perfectly but that my protein levels were at 1,000+ grams. They asked that I come in once I am back in town to check my levels again. When I returned and got my levels checked we found that they had gone way down. It would be a see saw with my protein levels like this the rest of my pregnancy. At one point my doctor was saying that if I had not delivered by my due day he was going to induse me. He also had me do another urine collection and more blood work. The blood work came back perfectly again but my protein was at 960+ grams. Doctor then ordered two stress tests and when those came back with no concerns I back my doctor's mystery girl. He told me that he would not induse me unless my blood pressure decided to shoot up. Otherwise, he was just coming to terms with the fact that this may just be how my body responds to being pregnant.
3 comments:
your baby is the CUTEST little thing!! isn't being a mom the greatest thing ever?! and i'm sure you're the greatest mom ever, too :)
Ooooo I like what you've done with the blog and I'm glad you finally got around to putting a picture up of Ethan haha. Cutest little guy! I'm looking forward to seeing you both this Friday for a little bit:)
LOL, thanks Kathryn. I was getting bored and I never LOVED it totally before.
Brooke, you have some pretty cute kids yourself. I do love being a mom. I don't know if I would say I am the greatest but I love being one.
Post a Comment