Saturday, January 15, 2011

Making a Difference

One Service Trip at a Time

Spencer applied to be part of a medical service trip to the Dominican Republic through his school. There were about 12 individuals that got to participate in the trip and Spencer was blessed to be one of them. The trip was from January 2nd - 8th. 

I didn't expect to have ANY contact with him but by the second day he missed me! :) I am not going to lie, I felt so loved and important when I saw the call come through. We only got to talk for a few short minutes but then the next day and a few other days he found a way to get on and chat through messenger on Skype. 



Some of the comments that he made about the trip were that he is grateful to be an American, it was an eye opening experience, and that he loved medicine before but now he has an even greater love for medicine. He learned a lot and is super excited to get back to school and learn even more. He also stated that he really wants to done many, many more trip like this one in the future. 

No comments: