Saturday, August 16, 2008

For Starters

I don't really know where to begin on catching everyone up to date with our lives so I guess I will just start with where we are right now. Spencer and I have been married for just over a year now and though tough at times, the rewards of being married are amazing. We have grown in so many ways and learned so much...not just about each other but about ourselves. We have been trying to do some traveling and I have to say, we haven't done too bad. Spencer and I have also been slowing picking one room at a time in our house and trying to make it look like a home, OUR home. 


Our dogs (Miracle and Faith) have been a blast to have around. Faith really keeps us on our toes and Miracle is such an angel. They are the best of friends and it is so fun to watch them. 

Spencer is working for IHC as a Respiratory Therapist and currently finishing his pre-meds. He also just recently got accepted into a research program and classes started two weeks ago for it. They are keeping him really busy and he is really learning what it means to run off of no sleep. The program is two years so after he has completed that he will be applying for medical schools! I know this sounds weird to say since he still has two years left but I can't believe that there is only two years left. I thought it would never come. 

For those of you that don't know...Spencer was told in October of 2006 that he had a brain tumor. We went into the doctors office saying that we would for sure not do brian surgery and walked out of the office with the surgery date in hand. He had brain surgery on January 9th, 2007, just months before we got married. The surgery went great and he recovered quickly. He still has to have MRI's done and go in for check ups just to make sure everything is still good though. Well when we went for his second MRI check up the doctor said that everything looks so good that he now only needs MRI's once a year rather than twice. He still has to go in twice a year though to meet with the doctor but he is great and everything looks good. 

I am working for the state with troubled youth. I work for a place called Observation and Assessment and I love it. I have learned so much and I think that I would have to say that my favorite part would be going to the court house with my girls. It is such an amazing feeling to know that what I have to say matters. I am also going to school and only have four semesters left. I am counting down and can't wait for it to be over. 

Well, I think that pretty much catches everyone up to speed so you can now expect more up to date posts from this point on. I warn you though, I am not the best at keeping everything up to date so if I start to get a little behind just yell at me. :)  






 

No comments: