Monday, May 10, 2010

3 Years and Counting...

Happy Anniversary To Us!

As I began thinking about what I wanted this posted to look like I was continually brought back to the accomplishments we have made individually and as a team since we have been married. It is crazy to think of where we started and where we are only three short years later. I am so blessed to have a husband that blesses and encourages me through everything. Spencer has been such a light for me in not only my darkest
but also my brightest hours. He has never walked away when I needed him to stay or made me feel I am not the one. There have been no broken vows. He has never broken my heart with secrets he has kept me from and he has never
been untrue.

I love that he has not lost who he is as an individual. He holds on to what he believes. His morals and values remain intact and actually they have grown. I love that he sets goals for himself and shoots to achieve more in life. He has dreams and visions of what he wants for himself and knows that it is obtainable.

Since being married he has:
~Graduated from Weber State with a bachelors.
~He reached his five year mark as an employee of IHC.
~He was accepted into the research program at the U and completed the program this last semester.
~He was accepted into PA school and will be moving to Connecticut.
~His relationship with all of his family is stronger than ever.
~His faith in God is becoming so deep.
~His confidence in himself continues to grow and open new doors for him.
~He has been tumor free!

As much as he is the exact same person I fell in love with, he has changed so much and grown into such an incredible man.

We have had quite the journey thus far and it is crazy to think that we have seen everything we have in such a short time. I am awe-struck each time I think about the attacks we have had from the devil and how he has tried to ruin us. I am also blown away by God's grace and faithfulness.
Since being married:
~ The devil has tried numerous attempts at breaking our marriage apart without success. The devil has brought people into our lives that have said and done things to us that have truly tested our faith in Christ and our willingness to fight for one another. We have come out unscarred and stronger with each attempt.
~ Though difficult at times, we have maintained our house without the help of family. We didn't realize this accomplishment until people continually commented about our house payment. (It's a decent amount.)
~ We have been able to pay for school without the added help of loans and will be starting PA debt free minus the house.
~ We have not missed one family vacation. We have refused to let obstacles come between us and maintaining the relationships in our life that we hold dearest.
~ And lastly, We have made OUR family grow.

If three years has brought us this much, I can't believe what it has in store for us to achieve in "forever." We are two very blessed individuals surrounded by so much generosity, love, and support. We have become the team we are because of those that push us to be and do more. So here is to us but more importantly, here is to those that surround us and have taught us all the characteristics it has taken us to be who we are individually and together.

Lastly, Thanks Spencer for three awesome years full of events and memories. Let's make so many more in the years to come! I LOVE YOU!


1 comment:

The Hatches said...

This is really cute Nikki:)