Monday, April 25, 2011

A Special Birthday

I have to start this post by saying that I have one absolutely amazing husband. He is so good to me and I couldn't feel more blessed to share my journey in life with him.

This is the first time that I have ever celebrated my birthday without my family (my parents and brother). Though I missed them, Spencer and Ethan did an incredible job at making me feel special.
My birthday was a pretty quiet day considering Spencer had class all day but at 12:00a.m. March 23rd Spencer and Ethan surprised me with some flowers, a card from Spencer, a card from Ethan, a scratch card, a book, and a cake.
The book was really special because Spencer has never been the type to remember things people mention that would make good gifts and he is not the time to come up with fun creative ideas either. However, he has been getting so much better at it! I have been doing a LOT of reading with all of my free time and I have been talking about specific books too. Spencer is the last one that I thought would remember let alone get one for me but I was quickly put in my place when I saw the book. Doesn't stop there though... We are on a tight budget AND there is not a Leslie's Bakery in Connecticut so a tradition that is big in my family had to get placed over this year. I was really bummed about it but what I got in its place was just as amazing.
Spencer came home from school the night before my birthday and told me that he was going to cook dinner (nothing new, he does all the cooking in the house). He let me know when dinner was ready, we ate and then he went up to give Ethan a bath. I decided to be helpful and I put all the leftovers away and cleaned up the kitchen. As I was going to turn off the light, I noticed on a second glance a pan sitting behind Spencer's computer. The cake!!! Spencer secretly and as quickly as he could while making dinner baked (his first ever) cake for my birthday. Now, I had been in and out of the kitchen a couple of times while he was cooking dinner, I noticed a really yummy smell and was confused because it didn't smell like fajitas but let it go because there was nothing to suggest anything other than fajitas. Spencer came down from Ethan's bath and told me that I wasn't suppose to find the cake 'til midnight but "You just had to clean the kitchen up." I turned 25 this year, so he got candles to put on the cake and him and Ethan sang to me ringing in my quarter of a century milestone.
Last but never the least, CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!! Once the weekend hit we headed up to Hartford and I got my birthday dinner! Mmm, how I LOVE that place! :) It was definitely a special birthday and made me appreciate my amazing husband that much more for the man that he is!

No comments: