Monday, April 25, 2011

No, Not Eggs...

but... PACKAGES!!!

Ok... So there were eggs and a basket for Ethan and Spencer got a pair of shorts and a swim suit from the Easter bunny but for the most Easter came in packages this year!
The first arrived on the Wednesday before Easter from Spencer's family. They told us not to open it 'til Easter Sunday. Not very often lately is there something to REALLY look forward to for me and Spencer, so we got a little anxious waiting. We opened it about noon on Easter with Spencer's family on Skype. We were blessed with toys for Ethan, as well as some pajamas and a huge cuddly bunny. Spencer got girl scout cookies and a good looking Utes shirt. I was excited for a Sudoku booklet and a box of numerous puzzles. (I felt really special that Shelly and Kevin remembered how much I LOVE puzzles like sudoku, cross numbers [like crosswords puzzles but with numbers], and hitori.) To say the least we felt VERY blessed and VERY loved! 

The second package came on the Friday before Easter from my family. I was really excited to open this one partly because even my parents were really excited for me to open it and oh man I had no idea how excited I was going to get! There were lots of pajamas and an outfit for Ethan, along with a little wooden plane and some movies. There were lots of books for Spencer and I to read. ...BUT the BEST part was the container that held... 

TWO LESLIE'S MINI CAKES!!! 

Yep, its true, my parents love us! :) This is the first year ever that I have not had a Leslie's cake for my birthday and as sweet as my dad is, he tried to find out if there was a way he could bring a cake with him when they came to visit just before my birthday but we all know that wasn't going to happen with the airport security. My mom packed the cakes really well, sticking an ice pack in with them and when i told her that it worked amazingly and everything stayed nice and cold. She was happy to hear that and said she would try sending some eclairs for Spencer next time since everything stayed nice and cold. The cakes were by far the BEST package I have EVER received!!! THANKS MOM (AND DAD... he said it was mom's idea) FOR BEING SO INCREDIBLE! 
Easter egg hunt our church family put on
for the community.
Now, I had a long serious talk with the Easter bunny and told him that Ethan was only to get ONE thing from the bunny and I wanted it to be a biblical item but when me and the bunny went out shopping to find this item I picked up a few items that were on the necessity list and realized there was no reason the Easter bunny and I couldn't go in on Ethan's basket together. So it was agreed, The item from the bunny and all of my stuff would be Ethan's Easter present. All I can say is that Ethan was SPOILED!!! He got a couple swimsuits, some flip flops, clothes, an umbrella stroller, and because they were having a buy one get another item free sale on the biblical toy the Easter bunny found Ethan was blessed with TWO toys! (The biblical toy was a Fisher Price Little Peoples Noah's Ark.) 
Ethan's Easter Basket
I know that we were really blessed with lots of fun gifts but before I rap up this post I just want to stress how much I appreciate what this holiday really represents. I am so grateful for the fact that I can stand here today and ask for forgiveness of the mistakes that I make. I know that God lives in me and I know that I am given that forgiveness because of the sacrifice that He made. Praise God that He died on the cross and rose again three days later for ALL of us.


Happy Easter Everyone!

1 comment:

brooke and chad coon said...

You're so nice to comment on my blog :) My in-laws (who I mostly do the blog for) never read it, so I guess I say I have no readers so they know I feel bad that they never read... haha. Anyway, you always have nice things to say. Thanks for being a reader! And your little boy is so stinkin cute!! Lucky you to get so spoiled for Easter. One of my favorite holidays! Love the reason for it too.