Friday, May 20, 2011

Dreams Becoming Reality

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!! Spencer is done with his first year of PA school. It has been a long and emotional roller coaster of a year but I am so proud of him and what he has accomplished this past year. I am looking forward to what this next year will bring as he starts his clinical rotations but in the meantime I am just going to focus on the break he has and the time we can spend together.
He has been studying nonstop, having two to sometimes five tests a week, getting much less sleep than I have ever seen him run on before, and fighting to maintain a 3.2 in order to keep his scholarship. Well, he did. He is done with that for the time being! He snuck through this last semester with a 3.202 and starts clinical rotations on June 6th.
On Tuesday May 17th, Spencer participated in his first white coat ceremony. He was given his name badge and stated the hippocratic oath. Once all the official business was done, the students were given their first three rotations. Spencer will be doing Primary Care in West Hartford, Surgery in Bridgeport, and the third rotation was listed as pending. He received an email during the break letting him know that his third rotation would be Pediatrics in Westport. He also found out that his two four week electives would start on January 2nd. Spencer is looking to go back to Utah to complete his electives in order to start networking and examine the possibilities of career opportunities. He is so excited to start rotations and began putting to use all this material that he has been learning. He is also looking at what the next set of rotations will bring him. I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for him. He truly is making his dreams become reality.
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed." ~ Storm Jameson



1 comment:

The Hatches said...

Oh gosh, it's so crazy to me that this is all really happening! I am so excited for him AND your little family! This is so huge:)