Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A New Church To Call Home

When I moved to Connecticut there were a number of things that I left. One of those things was our church home. I love my church family in Utah. I feel spoiled because I just don't think that there is many churches that can offer the amazing worship that we have at the Fellowship. That was one of the hardest things that I had to give up. 
However, I knew that if I was going to get to know anyone and have relationships with others in Connecticut I was going to have to find a new church home. It took me some time (almost 6 months) to get off my butt and start searching but once I did, God didn't make me have to look far or long. 

We have a new church home. Now, I still very much feel connected and a part of the Fellowship, so I say we have two church homes...

We are attending Frontline church and it is only a short mile from our house. I love it. I get to ride my bike all the time to get to and from there. I am helping in the nursery and participating in 'care cells'/bible studies. It is a smaller church and so we have gotten to know many people already and are making friends quickly. There are many, many, many things that remind me of the Fellowship so I kind of have a feeling of home and that has been really nice. 
We are looking forward to getting to know everyone more and meeting many others, as well as growing within the church and our faith regarding God. Thankful for the blessing of having more than one 'home' to worship our amazing father. 

1 comment:

The Hatches said...

I'm so glad you have found a place you like!! Mike and I LOVE our ward and it's amazing what a different it can make!!