Saturday, May 2, 2009

Two Years Into Forever...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Spencer and I celebrated two years of marriage on April 28th. The day did not go at all how we had planned it. I really felt like the Phil Vassar's "Just Another Day in Paradise." The only thing that did seem to go a little bit like it was suppose to was dinner and even that was no where near what we expected. However, I loved spending time with him and I know even more now than I ever have how blessed I am to be spending the rest of my life with him. Two years has gone by so quickly and to think back on the things that we have faced and overcome, it just amazes me. This is the note that I left him to find on the day of our anniversary...

As I place my wedding rings on this morning, I stop to look in the mirror. My mind fills with thoughts of times past and times to be. I can't believe two years has come and gone so quickly. I began soaking up the incredible amount of joy pouring over me and ask myself... "How did I become so blessed?" God has given me a gift that so many miss out on.

What started so simply and was thought to turn into nothing has since blossomed into a force unexplainable. There have been moments I laughed, moments I cried, times I wish I could take back, and memories I want to relive. I have hated us and loved us and even sometimes all at once, but most of all I would never change us. I am thankful for who we are and what we stand for. I proud to say that I am not just married but that I am married to YOU. I know that we hold something that not even the two of us can comprehend and I thank God for that because though I don't understand it, I feel it! I look forward to each day that this "feeling" gets stronger and stronger. I know that it is unbreakable as long as our hearts are open.

In the end, I can say that I am grateful for the trials, I am grateful for the memories, I am grateful for those who surround us with love and help us to be who we are but most of all I am grateful for God's love that he has place inside you and I for each other.

So I just want you to know that there are times I think I don't like you and I hate that you make me smile when I am trying to be mad. There are moments I don't know why I love you, ;) I just do and looking at it now to think that I thought I loved you then! Boy, was I mistaken because, man, I didn't know and I sure didn't understand!!!

Thanks for two exhilarating years of marriage and I want you to know that I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning waiting for so many more great years to come! I LOVE YOU!!!

It started with your amazing smile, incredible eyes, and awesome ability to dress. I don't know what happened to the ability to dress but your eyes and smile still get me to this day! ;) I love you so much and though I think you are absolutely crazy, I know that I would be even more crazy without you in my life. You have been such a rock for me and I could never want anyone else by my side. Praise God for making you the other half of my soul! I LOVE YOU BABY! Here's to two incredibly, amazing years and many more to come! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Just some other thoughts that I had/found on such a great day in my life:

"A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences." (-Dave Meurer) "I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." (-Rita Rudner) ;) I couldn't be happier to celebrate two amazing years of marriage with such an incredible man on a fantastic day! I LOVE YOU SPENC!

I would like to thank all of those that surround us and help make us who we are! You all offer us so much support and love and without that we would not have grown into the people that we are now. Those that have helped in raising Spencer and teaching him the life lessons he knows, I can never thank you enough for the amazing man that he is! I love you all so much!!!

No comments: