Friday, July 31, 2009

10 Years and Counting...

DOWN that is!!!

My mom just celebrated her birthday at the end of June. She is 46 years old now and yet still the most fun and crazy mom I could ever have. Most people, especially women, start to dread their birthdays after so many years. However, my mom is not one of these people. She seems to get more and more excited with each one because as one comes and then goes she knows that she is one year closer to retirement. She is set to retire ON her 56 birthday, so this last birthday leaves her with only 10 more years to go. Trust me she is counting down the years. She is a postal worker and does NOT recommend that anyone goes into this line of work, lol. She has been there since before I was born and I am happy that she is reaching the end of her time there for her sake. My dad was so funny and told her that "If you really think about it, you have to add in your vacation time, holidays, sick days, and days you just don't want to go. That really means that you only have like 9 years instead of 10." (Way to be positive dad!!!) ;)
Love you mommy and I am so happy that you are my mommy. You are the greatest woman that I know and you are for sure my rock. You help me to keep my sanity and you are such a good example of the person I should be. Thanks for everything!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Nikki, I love reading your blog. You are an amazing woman - just like you describe your mom!

kodyandsabrina said...

K, time to update your blog jk im the worst. Anyway I want to see what's new with you guys.