Thursday, July 30, 2009

Quarter of a Century


It's true!!! Spencer is now a quarter of a century. We threw a BBQ at our house for his family and friends. It was so great to have everyone there to celebrate with us and Spencer was such a great sport about me teasing him for reaching this milestone in his life. He has accomplished so much in his 25 years of life. He has made so many people so proud of him and continues to act as such a blessing to those he surrounds.

So I know that pretty much everyone lists number of years of the things they love about that special someone. I hate to fall into the norm but I love those posts and I really feel like it says a lot. So with that said, here is 25 things that Spencer has accomplished in his life:

1. He had brain surgery in January of 2007 (Just 3 months before we got married) to remove a brain tumor the size of a half dollar.

2. He graduated with honors in Respiratory Therapy giving him his first bachelors in May of 2008!

3. He is currently handing in applications for PA school and will hopefully be starting next year. The end is nearing!!! :)

4. He bought a house at age 22.

5. He has a happy and successful marriage.

6. He bought and paid off his "first" car in just a few short years all by himself.

7. His relationship with God has grown and changed so much in the last 3 years.

8. He has learned to open up and share his emotions and feelings in such a way he never imagined. He has begun finding his voice!

9. He was the 6th grade class president. He campaigned and everything for it.

10. He ran the 2002 Olympic torch.

11. He has been able to pay for all of his schooling and only taken out one loan, that he later realized he didn't need to take out.

12. He has two dogs that he has provided a great home for and has been so willing to do whatever it takes to keep them healthy and happy.

13. He was accepted into a research program that has been a key to him branching out and growing as an individual.

14. He has learned to cook really well in the last two years.

15. He has slowly made his house a home by putting in a backyard and remodeling the guest bedroom as well as the master bath, along with a few other things.

16. He has been licensed as a phelbotomist.

17. He received his certificate to be a CNA.

18. He hiked Angel's Landing even though he is super scared of heights.

19. He is a registered respiratory therapist.

20. He has built a better and stronger relationship with his family in the last year than he has pretty much ever had.

21. He manages his money well enough that he can still afford to take time for himself and does at least one big vacation every year.

22. He has never had a conflict with any co-workers and I mean never!

23. He has learned to work nights (graveyards) in order to attend school during the day. This is how he is able to still go to school full time every year.

24. He can always seem to find the best in EVERYTHING around him.

25. He can do what I have termed as the "Turkey Dance."

I hope that you have enjoyed this and I want you all to know that I appreciate each and everyone of you that has helped in getting Spencer to this point in his life where he is now. You have all been such a blessing to me and given me one of the greatest men I have ever know.

Spencer I just want you to know how much I love you and I hope that you had an incredible birthday!!! You have lived one incredible life so far and the journey is just beginning. I can't wait for everything you will accomplish in the rest of your life.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Old Fart-just kidding! It's crazy to think that we're 25 years old and half way to 50!!!

Jenn said...

Nikki,
It was fun to read this about Spencer. I got to learn some things about him. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are both doing well! The holidays are approaching, hope we get a chance to see you both sometime soon.