I am so blessed to be an American and have the freedoms that I have. I have had many opportunities to travel outside of the U.S. and learn about other countries. In my travels I have only begun to realize the privileges that we have as Americans. I get so frustrated listening to people complain about being an American and the freedoms that we don't have. If only they would just take the time to acknowledge what rights we do have and the things that we can do, only then would they understand what they have been given just to be born in the U.S.
The month of July holds so much meaning to me because of the 4th and the 24th. Now I know that the 24th is only for Utah but I happen to love living in Utah and appreciate what Utah has to offer for me.

One tradition that my family has and I would like to always continue is going to the demolition derby in Kamas. I love spending time with the people from there. I have some incredible friends up there that bring so much joy to my life and I love spending the time with my family. Here is a glimpse of the fun that we had this year. Enjoy!!!
Now I know that The Babe Ruth World Series was in August but I am including the story for it in this blog because there is nothing more American than baseball. As many of you know, Spencer's dad has been involved with Murray Babe Ruth for years and quite some time back he really got serious about bring the World Series for Babe Ruth to Murray. Well, he did it! It was a lot of hard work and it was way time consuming but worth every minute of it. We loved watching as one of Kevin's big dreams became a reality and we were so excited to share it with him. We spent almost every day there and put in as much time as we could to help out with everything. Cory, Spencer, I even greeted the teams at the airport and helped transport them to the hotel. Spencer and I got the great honor of helping with entertainment between innings. Kevin even had his three boys throw the first pitch one evening. Spencer was very appreciative of the fact that he also had the opportunity to present his dad with an award for all of Kevin's hard work on the Series. It was a big hit and Kevin did an incredible job. Way to make your dreams happen dad! We are so proud of you!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment