When I was in high school one of my closest friends became pregnant. We have a long and crazy history and weren't currently talking when she realized she was expecting. However, I can replay the call I received from her informing me of the news like it happened yesterday. I had been dating Spencer for a few months already and he had no knowledge of of who my friend was. I invited my friend over and from that point on it was Spencer, me, AND Meg everyday. Once she had Ian I offered to watch him free of charge. Meg insisted that she pay me something and so I accepted. I watched Ian from the time he was two months old until he was about two and a half. Ian was the ring bearer in mine and Spencer's wedding and has always been a huge part of our lives since he was born. He is such a blessing and has taught both Spencer and I so much about ourselves, each other, and about life in general.
He just celebrated his fifth birthday and I can't believe that he is already five. We don't get to see him hardly at all anymore but we cherish the moments and memories we have shared with him. We will never forget the blessing that he has been and we will always cherish the time that we had with him. He is such a great kid with an even more amazing mother. Spencer and I can only hope that if we decide to have our own children, ours are as sweet and full of joy and happiness like Ian is.
1 comment:
Has it really been that long? I remember you watching him. He's such a cute kid!
Post a Comment