"Big (or Little)" News That May "Move" You

So Christmas was quite an exciting time for our families. Spencer and I asked if we could have Christmas at our house and of course both of our families agreed, which meant that we got to open presents with both families at the same time. That in itself was the best present that I could have asked for but our families had no idea what they were in for...
It all started as they showed up to our home...We had tapped a 'Q' and a 'U' to our front door. As you can into the house you would find maps of Connecticut tapped around the front room and kitchen. You could find pictures of a school mascot in the kitchen and then there were pictures of a school tapped in the family room. Now if you haven't caught on yet, its okay because our families took forever as well. Spencer and I were laughing uncontrollably before his mom finally caught on. Then I had to ask my mom to look at one of the maps more than once after she lifted it up to look at it and then put it back without saying a word. All of the sudden it clicked!!!

SPENCER GOT ACCEPTED TO PA SCHOOL!!!

Yes, Spencer will be leaving for Connecticut's Quinnipiac University on May 17th. School will start for him on the 24th of May.
Are you wondering why Spencer will be leaving without me...while you see that is part of the next bit in our story of Christmas. We talked about Spencer's school for awhile and then headed to the family room to open presents. After opening a few presents, I handed out presents for everyone and told them that they had to open the presents together! I counted to three AND...They all just stared at the gifts once opened. We got comments from Spencer's mom asked if it was true and Brandon told us that he didn't think it was funny and that we shouldn't joke like that!!! JOKE??? Who said anything about a JOKE?! Spencer and I are both going...

"NO, its real!!! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!
We let it sink in for a minute longer only to get lots of tears and congratulations! So, yes, it is going to be really hard but Spencer will be going to school without me for awhile. I am due to deliver in July and then I will be headed out shortly after.
To say the least it was an emotional and surprising Christmas for everyone. We are so excited for what this year is going to bring us and my goal is to keep you up to date as each event happens.
2 comments:
Congrats again! How is the pregnancy going?
Congrats on the baby and the whole new life hehe. I am so excited for you guys. We need to get together before you leave!
Post a Comment