Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gift for Keeps

My Grandpa Leonard (Great Grandpa to Ethan) is an incredible man who is extremely intelligent. He can tell you pretty much anything you want to know better than anyone I know. He has accomplished so much in his life. He has seen things that I wish no one had to see. However, one thing that I didn't know about him is that he is good with wood. That is until he showed up at my house to give Ethan a rocking horse. I can't get over how beautiful it is and I know that this is going to be a gift for keeps. The rocking horse will for sure be something that will be passed down through generations forever and I am so grateful to have such an awesome gift. I am even more thankful to have such an amazing grandfather.

All of the wood is in its original color. My grandpa just stained it to give it a nice finish. He cut everything and put it all together. The only 'change' that he made to the wood is used a laser to cut the spots on the hind legs.

2 comments:

The Hatches said...

Oh gosh that rocking horse is so beautiful, I still can't get over it. Pictures don't even do the quality justice!

Spenc, Nikki, and the Littles said...

I agree Kathryn!