I believe that friendships are much like marriages. You need to learn to fight through the good and the bad. You must learn to accept each other's faults and respect one another's differences. You must love when they can't and feel their pain with them. Pick them up when they fall and work to brush it off if they push you down in a moment of weakness. You must recognize that you will hurt one another both intentionally and unintentionally. The goal is to ask for forgiveness and be willing to give forgiveness. It is to realize that we are not perfect and will never be perfect.
I recently found myself giving up on this belief. I catch myself closing out pretty much everyone. I didn't let anyone close enough to hurt me when once before I believed that getting hurt was just part of the game. I believed that getting hurt made us stronger and over all helped in making us better people. Now I know that seems far fetched looking at this because the world is portrayed as such an evil place but for just one moment thing of the world as being a good and safe place that just have evil in it. I genuinely believe that people are honestly good. We just get caught in our lives and loose ourselves. I have had a lot of heartache and many people have let me down, causing me to think that the world truly is evil and not that there is just evil in it. I had begun believing things that I knew deep in my heart weren't true. I began to doubt myself and lost almost all optimism. Then I got a text...
Someone to remind me that things do change and people are honestly good...
Thanks for giving me a little bit of my hope back and for helping me rekindle a kind heart, even if you didn't realize that you did all that. You are a good friend and an awesome woman.
Thanks for having lunch with me, Jac!

No comments:
Post a Comment