To Everyone We Will Miss
There are so many people that have had such an impact in mine and Spencer's life and even Ethan's life. I can't even begin to explain how many people and how though Spencer and I could sit down and talk for hours about it and we would be able to say what each person has done. Therefore there is going to be a huge number of people that we are deeply doing to miss while we are in Connecticut. I did make an effort to try and get to some of you to say goodbye. There are tons of people that I wanted to get out and see but there just wasn't enough time between packing, getting things in order, and taking take of Ethan. I hope that no one takes offense I was not able to visit with you but please know that Spencer often talk about those that have blessed us and helped in making so much of this possible for us.
(There are so many others that we were able to see but I wasn't able to get pictures and for that I apologize.)
There is one person specifically that I would like to mention. I almost didn't get the opportunity to say goodbye to her but I honestly believe that God knew my heart and knew how important this was for me. The one person that I do want to mention is my Great Grandma Leonard. She is 98 years old and living in Heber. She isn't always with it. Her stories at times are clearly her imagination at work but she does make for an entertaining woman. She has many, many health problems and most people would not have made it this far if they suffered from them. However, one thing she is bound and determined to do is to make it to the ripe old age of 100. I do believe that she will do it too. She is that stubborn, clearly its a Leonard trait. (Not that I have the trait or anything.) ;) Anyway, I had run out of time to visit with people and I still had not made it up to see her. I was near tears because she still had not even met Ethan. I was beginning to hate myself for waiting so long but realized there was nothing that I could do now. I was going to leave for Connecticut any minute... Speaking of which, where was my mother. I hadn't heard from her all day. I gave her a call only to find out that her clutch had gone out on the car and was back in the shop. It was very likely that we would not be leaving until the next day and she told me that she would keep me posted. Sweet just enough time to run a few shorts errors and then see where we are at. When I called back a little later my mother told me that it would likely be best if we just left in the morning and tried to get some sleep for now. Plus she told me that I could hurry up to see my great grandma if I wanted to and that is just what I did. I raced to Heber and visited with her for quite some time. She was so thrilled to see Ethan (She really loves boys for some reason). She seemed to be doing really well and actually had it together pretty good that day. I was really impressed. After the visit, a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. I felt completely at ease since I had gotten the opportunity to visit with her and even more so I felt overwhelmingly blessed. How awesome is God to meet our needs and please our souls.
| Ethan's Great Great Grandma Leonard |
Anyway, we love you and and we truly will miss each of you. Our hope is to get more pictures of those that we weren't able to get when we come back for visits and things. Thanks for blessing us!


No comments:
Post a Comment