Last A Lifetime
However, Spencer and I have done just this. We have found some 'truly great friends.' Mike and Kathryn have been such a blessing in our lives and having them around has made many experiences that much better. Spencer and Mike have been friends for ages but it got harder to keep close as they graduated from high school. I pushed for Spenc to really work on reconnecting with Mike but I can't blame Mike for not wanted to be a third wheel. Then Mike met Kathryn and the "pushing" starting coming from both sides. I quickly grew to like Kathryn and her fun, loving personality. It was great to get together with her and swap stories of how both Spencer and Mike would comment that they needed to hang out with one another more but never did anything about it. Well, what are wives for, right.? ;) We have really come to enjoy spending time together and were bummed that Spencer and I were going to have to move. I thought for sure that with Spencer leaving and the Hatchs' having their own lives it just wouldn't be the same. Boy, was I wrong! Mike and Kathryn continued to spend so much time with me and Kathryn always tried to come up with something that she didn't think was too crazy for a pregnant woman to do but it didn't stop there. Even after I had Ethan these two stuck it out. They came by one night and brought dinner and a movie for all of us. Then amazing Kathryn stopped in one afternoon to spend some quality girl time chatting it up. These two incredible friends took me to dinner and Kathryn, the doll that she is, planned pizza and then marshmellow roasting for another night. Through all of this I never once felt like they were pitying me or coming over to just see Ethan. I truly felt as though they looked forward to spending time with me and I can't thank them enough.
It is rare to find friends like these two and it was really difficult to say 'goodbye' when we moved but we will never forget what they mean to us and the things they have done for us. We look forward to hopefully having them as visitors in Connecticut and are counting on many, many more years of fun and memories. Thanks for everything you two!!!


2 comments:
:O-my face haha-Nikki that was such a sweet post! As excited as Mike and I are for you guys to have this new adventure it's kinda sad to read this post and have you guys gone because we really did have fun with you guys! We always loved hanging out:) We will definitely be planning on visiting you in CT, probably sometime next year. We love and miss you and thanks so much for the amazing shout out!
Glad you liked it. However, I was just stating the truth. You guys are incredible and have been so amazing to us. Keep us posted on when you guys are thinking and I will keep you posted on when Spencer has some time to spare. Love ya and miss both you as well.
Post a Comment