Or I Guess Loaded and Locked...
Well its official! The house is packed The trailer is locked and we are ready to hit the road. I am nervous to see how the dogs and Ethan will handle the trip but I am ready. I can't wait to be with Spencer again and I am so excited that Ethan will finally have his daddy around. It will be fun to see how Ethan takes to having two people to care for him all of the sudden. One thing that I have been dying to see though is Spencer as a daddy. He has always wanted to be a dad and the idea of kids always got him excited. I don't think that our situation was exactly what he envisioned but that is how it worked out and so we will take it.
As I sit here tonight I am taken back at the fact that I just quit my job, we no longer have health insurance (momentarily at least), and I am leaving OUR home. I have had a hard time with our house since we bought it. It is only two bedrooms and there was some cosmetic work that I really wanted to do in order to make me feel like it was something to 'show off'. However, with school and everything, we didn't make it around to a lot of the cosmetic things I wanted to do but looking at it now I see the bigger picture. The green carpet I hated so much is a memory. The facet that Spencer and I finished the whole backyard with my parents help is a memory. The first night that Spencer and I spent together as a married couple was in that home. I can tell you the time and where I was at in that house when I found out we were expecting. Our first anniversary was spent painting our guest room. All of this makes the things we didn't do seem so small. The biggest thing to me is that we did it! Spencer and I bought a home and have been able to manage all of it on our own. These thoughts made for a long night because it got me thinking about all the things I am going to miss...
I am going to miss...
The Mountains
That was just to name a few. I know there are many more things I am going to miss.














2 comments:
Is "Cough Dough" ice cream from A.C. really that good?
Dad, the cookie dough in their ice cream in amazing and they are good size balls too. Plus if you don't get screwed on how much they put in the ice cream its that much better.
Post a Comment