Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Life Begins

Welcome back to the grind. Can I just tell you how excited I will be to have no more school for both Spencer and I? I know that in the long run it will pay off and we will be so happy that we did it but I am exhausted from it all. School has taken so much of our time AND our money. I want both back right now, please!


We are on our own. Everyone has headed home Spencer is in school full time and Ethan and I are on the hunt for a job that I can take on. I don't want to be picky but at the same time I need to be a little picky. I need something that will pay enough and that has a decent schedule so I have day cares available to me. Most day cares are open from 7am to 6 or 7pm and they are usually closed on holidays. I have decided that it could be possible for me to work graveyards because Ethan does sleep through the night but we have to figure out the transition part of me going in and getting off and whether or not Spencer will be at school. I can't have something that causes me to drive a ton because I have to look at how long Ethan will be in day care and the cost of it all. The point is there is so much to consider and it is making this more difficult then I hoped it would be. I just keep telling myself it will happen the way it is suppose to happen all in God's time. Until then I am just praying that we can make it to the end of the month.


Some probably think we are crazy for putting ourselves in this position but the fact is that we are better and stronger because of it. We are learning and growing. We are being forced to depend on each other and no one else. We have to be the support for the other even when our day hasn't been the most positive or when we are just overwhelmed and ready for the day to end so we can go to bed. Plus, I know that by Spencer doing this he is going to be so grateful when he is done. It has been a dream of his for so long to work in medicine and he always knew that he wanted to go pretty far with it. Now that he has chosen a path there is a light at the end of the tunnel and he is running towards it. I am so proud of him and I know that if it is exhausting for me then it is probably killing him. His days consist of being to school by 8am and he is rarely home before 9pm. They have him doing a lot of volunteering and then there is study time on top of that.
He is trying so hard though to find a good balance between school and being a family man. He really enjoys holding Ethan while he is studying... if only Ethan would sit still long enough for Spencer to get something done, but we wouldn't have done anything differently then what we have done. We are happy with our decisions and where we are right now. It has been an up hill battle but I really do know that it has already made us better and stronger both individually and together. 

So bring on the next two years because we got this in the bag!

No comments: